John has received more than 380 hours of mediation, divorce mediation and divorce financial training from a variety of organizations and mediation professionals. He continues to receive further training on a regular basis. He is an active member of two mediation professional development groups.
John has the following mediation experience:
- More than 170 completed divorce mediations;
- More than 30 completed family mediations of various types;
- More than 40 other completed non-family mediations.
He has hundreds of hours of service at court in Santa Ana and Orange as a volunteer divorce mediator. He also has extensive service at court in Fullerton and Santa Ana as a volunteer mediator for the resolution of other non-divorce types of disputes.
He has helped more than 60 individuals in his capacity as a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA).
John has received these degrees:
- Masters Degree in Conflict Resolution, Negotiation and Peace Building from California State University at Dominguez Hills. This included a concentration in divorce mediation;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Psychology from Claremont McKenna College in Claremont, CA.
John has these professional certifications:
- Divorce Mediation Specialist in the Family Court Mediation Program by Orange County Human Relations, after an extensive training program and practicum;
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA) by the Institute of Divorce Financial Analysts based in Durham, NC.
John serves as a regular divorce mediation training instructor for Orange County Human Relations based in Santa Ana.
He is an active member of: